Claire’s Quest a highly-interactive, non-linear adult RPG, set in a dark fantasy setting inspired by the early Renaissance and made using RPGMaker MV. Unlike the majority of RPGMaker games out there, however, this game is totally devoid of any form of combat or grinding.
We wanted to toy with a stereotypical fantasy RPG setting – but instead of the player controlling a hero, or an adventurer, or anyone with any kind of outright power to change the world… we instead put the player in the shoes of the titular Claire – a naive, desperate refugee fleeing a terrible war that has taken everything she has ever known from her. Claire is thrust into a world without innocence, where the very worst of humanity and all its societal evils are on full display. She seems doomed to meet with a dark fate – but you can fight to prove otherwise…
… or, you can force her to succumb to her base desires.
In Claire’s Quest, we really wanted to convey to the player that their choices really do matter. Every decision you make will have consequences – and not just small consequences, either. Your every decision could drastically alters the way your adventure plays out. That beggar you helped way back then on a whim… becomes the difference between success or failure, freedom or enslavement, and even life… or death. Every single playthrough could turn out completely differently.
So how will Claire fare in this dystopian world she finds herself in?
With your choices, you’ll decide.
* Bullpen added to Chemont Town; there is also a Job Quest linking Stables to Bullpen, but it won’t activate for saved games. The entire thing is still doable, but it just won’t register on the journal if you’re using a saved game.
* New “milking” scene available in Bullpen.
* New “mating” scene available in Bullpen.
* Kennels job can now be advanced slightly, provided you completed Wolves At The Door (Rangers) and did the regular dog-walking job before.
* Evie added to Chemont Town, with Bullpen encounter
* Isobelle added to Chemont Town, with post-Stables encounter
* New dog sprite added
* New ghost sprite added
* Leftover BGS when learning lockpicking fixed
* Tile issues in Fallwater fixed
* Mouse-hovering issue in interactive travel map fixed
* Marker doesn’t disappear for Concerned Kin quest when entering the refugee camp in Hookton – fixed
* Quest progression and Prologue master switch missing when leaving Prologue – fixed
* Thieves introduction quest refers to Chad without introduction – fixed
* Missing an erase event in the pub basement pissplay scene – fixed
* Street whoring sends you to rooftop by accident with certain instances – fixed
** Marker doesn’t disappear during CG scenes – aware of issue, but still figuring out solution