In ancient woods the realms collide and thus the veil wears thin,
Spirits dwell and dreams shall haunt all those who stay within.
So take great heed and turn away when myst devours your sight,
Lest you get caught and forevermore lie trapped in endless night.
First of all, I have made several changes to the gameplay mechanics to reduce the grind, based on your feedback on the poll at the beginning of this month. Hopefully, the game will play a lot smoother now. With the help of several new testers, I was able to fix a LOT of bugs, both old and new ones (over 50)! I have also included the first events for Kay as well as new events for Amber at tier 3. With most of the bugs smoothed out now, I can start focusing on adding content. That means that the next update(s) will be a full story/content update. Thanks for supporting me and I hope you will enjoy it! All the best, Faerin
• Added 3 new events for Amber (including the first 2 animations!).
• Added all tier 3 uniforms for Amber.
• Added 3 new events for Kay.
• Updated all older dialogs/scenes to reflect outfit tier changes.
• Added an option to skip UI animations in the settings.
• During the results phase, one random image will be shown now (instead of one for each girl/guest), in the following order of priority: 1. Guest complaints (if you get one of these, you won’t get a staff image). 2. New staff images (these will be added to your gallery). 3. Staff images that you have seen before.
• When you complete a guest’s stay without any complaints, they will get the VIP status for that level. VIP guest interactions will be skipped and handled automatically (and succeed if a staff member with enough skill is present). Note: If you prefer to play all interactions manually, this can be switched off in the settings.
• Added an overview screen to the results for a quick summary (to replace the individual results that were removed).
• Added the first upkeep events (for the housekeeping and maintenance stats). These can trigger when the corresponding stat is low.
• Increased satisfaction bar speed (even more) and lowered the volume a bit.
• Added the current and required experience for skills to their tooltip.
• Fixed a bug that caused the selected guest level in the lobby to reset on loading a savegame.
• Fixed a bug that caused the hotel attributes to show incorrect values on loading a savegame.
• Text input now only accepts legal characters.
• Julia now receives experience when she works in the lobby for the first (during the tutorial).
• Fixed a bug causing the last image of a dialog to skip back to the previous one when skipping through.
• Events are no longer locked when they shouldn’t be.
• The check-in phase can no longer get skipped (causing a guest to be “stuck” in the lobby).
• The guest level cannot be set higher than the hotel level anymore.
• Fixed a bug causing Amber not to join your staff.
• Fixed a bug causing the menu to go behind the guest tooltip during checkout.
• Getting the exact required satisfaction now shows as a success (as it should).
• Fixed a bug that caused returning guests to not go to their selected activities.
• Fixed a bug that caused certain failed interactions not to register as a strike.
• Added the current and required experience for a skill to its tooltip.
• Fixed a bug causing the interface to lock up after doing a renovation.
• Fixed the waiting area upgrades for the sauna and the fitness as they were bugged (the upgrades will be renamed and get different images later on).
• Fixed a bug causing Amber’s “maid to measure” event to trigger before getting to skill level 2.
• Fixed a bug causing the claim reward button on the tier list dropping off-screen.
• Updated the tier reward requirement tooltips to better explain their meaning.
• Added a tooltip to the claim tier reward button.
• Fixed a bug that caused scenes of the girl sleeping to be prioritized over the working scenes.
• Fixed a bug causing low-level special events not to trigger at higher staff levels.
• Fixed a bug that caused special event dialogs not to be added to the history log (for both staff members and guests).
• Fixed a bug that caused the incorrect event tiers for guests to be shown on their profile.
• Fixed a bug in replaying guest events (Orville’s).
• Fixed an additional 25 minor bugs.